Gibson Brands Forums

eSonic2

Irish Dave

I need help with my new Epiphone Masterbilt EF500RCCE, there is two output jacks on the guitar, a mono and a stereo. I currently use a monster acoustic cable in the mono/both pickup jack which blends the both pickups. Do I need a special cable to also hook up to the Stereo/nanomag jack to split the two pickups.

Thank you for any help you can give.

I have an EJ-200CE with the Esonic2 and also would like to know EXACTLY how the 2 outputs work.

The manual is not very clear on this.

Nope - you just need two normal cables then send one to one amp (or L/R channel) and the other to another amp (or L/R channel). That way you have the Nanomag and Nanoflex going to separate amps or channels.

Alternatively just use one cable and blend the pickups in the normal way

Nope - you just need two normal cables then send one to one amp (or L/R channel) and the other to another amp (or L/R channel). That way you have the Nanomag and Nanoflex going to separate amps or channels.

Alternatively just use one cable and blend the pickups in the normal way

I understand what you're saying, BUT, one jack says "both pickups" and the other says "stereo/nanomag". It seems to me that the Nanomag signal would be coming from both outputs so why bother with stereo?

I understand what you're saying, BUT, one jack says "both pickups" and the other says "stereo/nanomag". It seems to me that the Nanomag signal would be coming from both outputs so why bother with stereo?

When you have have separate leads from each socket only the signal from the Nanoflex is routed to the socket marked Both Pickups and only the Nanomag signal is routed to the socket marked Stereo/Nanomag. When there is no plug in the Stereo/Nanomag socket the signal from both pickups is routed to the Both Pickup socket.

I hope that makes things a little clearer

When you have have separate leads from each socket only the signal from the Nanoflex is routed to the socket marked Both Pickups and only the Nanomag signal is routed to the socket marked Stereo/Nanomag. When there is no plug in the Stereo/Nanomag socket the signal from both pickups is routed to the Both Pickup socket.

I hope that makes things a little clearer

Now I got it, thanks!

Archived