My first post here as I have just bought an amazing looking Gibson LP , brought to Germany in 1998 and now to the Netherlands by myself. I really LOVE the looks and playing of this guitar so no matter what it is , it stays with me 😉 .
Please check the pics in the link below.
My thoughts so far :
- This guitar was sold as a '1991' Classic Plus Amber , but does not match with the S/N 0 3228. According to the Vintage guitar shop they were also doubting because the pots had to from 1990 and 2 from 1991 , that's why they labelled it as 1991
- S/N 0 3228 is from 1990 BUT the 'plus & premium ' tops were only introduced in April 1991
- the S/N font style does not match other 'Classic' guitars form that period....my Guitar tech owns 1 and has seen many other Gibson Classic from '90-'93 and none of them had this Font style.
- Gibson logo looks vintage
- In the cavity is stamped only ' AMBER' , and something like C+ handwritten , further NO 'Classic'
- Thin binding in the cutaway
Looking forward to your opinions :
I have done some videos with the R9 vs this 'Classic' and they sound both great !
- First part is the R9 , then the 'Classic 1990' with the pickups wiring as it was sold incl a single coil splitter, then the third one is with all the wiring brought back as it is supposed to be with the paper in oil capacitors and without the single coil splitter....huge difference in sound !