Gibson Brands Forums

Where can I find L5 strings in Canada?

Tigger

Hi, I live in Vancouver, Canada. I use L5 strings 11 to 52 gage. I buy them at Long and Mcquade. They are out of stock and are not certain about when/if they will be re-stocking. I can't seem to find anywhere else, either in store or online that sells them.

Anyone know where I can buy/order L5 strings?

Any suggestions for an alternative. I have two packs left and change strings weekly at least.

Thanks,

jeff

I am in Canada too but I get a fair amount of my strings from Juststrings.com, stringsandbeyond.com and have tried stringsbymail.com a couple of times with no issues. I dont rememeber which but stringsbymail and juststrings have fair shipping prices (not 22$ for 3$ worth of picks) and stringsandbeyond is free shipping on orders over 35. Contact all three and ask about them. SBM and SAB DO you the L5 strings but only in 10s. SAB has been really good for finding things for me that they dont normally stock.

I think they've been discontinued - some people still have the light ones (.10), but I can't find the .12s anywhere.

Shame really as I have one pack left, then I need to find something else to put on my Byrdland.

Would love any suggestions.

Archived