Gibson Brands Forums

1st Gibson.......advice sought

robekert

Hey Rob' date='

Those are some nice shots of the Crit. Now, I'm really itching to get back on the bike. I read your Journal, concerning the race. You mentioned not taking photos of the fallen riders. I may be "different" but I would have liked photos of the falll (and the aftermath) that has kept me off the bike for four months.

Another funny thing, I used to be really into photography, also. That is, untill I took a photography course in college. Then it became work and it wasn't fun anymore. I haven't taken any photos (other than pics of my guitars, bikes and weddings etc.) in over 25 years.[/quote']

Thanks for your kind words. I don't like the technical side of photography either. You think guitar guys are gearheads.......you should go on a photography forum. I never shot film. I was a classically trained artist/painter. Art needed to be more spontaneous than film could be to me. Digital changed things a bit. That is when I got into it. I guess I could be considered a self taught photographer. Having children, photography is a great way to hold on to those memories. I have about 12 photos from my childhood. I tell my kids photography was in it's infancy then :-)

Pretty much approach guitar the same way. Will find my own way to learn it. Pick up some here, some there. It will start to make sense at some point. My nephew has his own band. He is a Martin Man. He visits every few months and puts me back on track. I have a Gretsch that I fool around with until I get another acoustic.

Rob

Archived