Gibson Brands Forums

2004 SG Elitist 61 reissue

smann

Surfing eBay today and discovered a really nice sg elitist and could not resist pulling the trigger even thou I am not too big on purchasing guitars on eBay. Will post pics and impressions sometime next week. Now the hardest part, waiting!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see pics. I picked one up last Sunday and I'm blown away. What color did you get? I'll be interested in your opinion on the pickups, I think they sound amazing and the guitar has a very authentic SG sound.

I looked up the sold listings on Ebay and I think I saw the one you bought. Mine is a 2004 as well in ebony so basically identical.

Can't wait to see pics. I picked one up last Sunday and I'm blown away. What color did you get? I'll be interested in your opinion on the pickups, I think they sound amazing and the guitar has a very authentic SG sound.

I looked up the sold listings on Ebay and I think I saw the one you bought. Mine is a 2004 as well in ebony so basically identical.

Kong, mine came in last night. It is ebony, sounds great. It is in the hands of my guitar tech right now; he is going to do a few minor jobs. I will post some pics when I get it back, in the meantime let's have a look at yours. Scott

• 1 month later...

Minor repairs turned into, not major, but more involved. After 32 days I got it back last night and all I can say it was so worth the wait. The guitar rings like a bell!!

Glad you got it all sorted and have it back [thumbup] . They are great guitars. I was extremely happy with the pickups in my SG. I have a couple Elitist Les Pauls with the same pickups and I'm not too thrilled with them, but in an SG they are right on the money for that signature SG tone (in my opinion).

Archived