Gibson Brands Forums

Just purchased 69 Les Paul Custom and 66 Firebird VII

daguitaristz

Sorry for the thread title. Should be XII or v-12 not VII

I just recently purchased a couple of nice older Gibsons... a 69 black beauty LP & a 66 Firebird V12 XII (12 str). They are both COMPLETELY original and one owner with original cases. Can't believe it.

69 LP Custom - It has LOTS of spiderweb/checking, but original wiring, pots, pickups, caps, bridge, saddle, tuners, frets, etc. It has some belt buckle on the back (nothing thru the finish). Top looks good, few scratches just lots of spiderweb.The pickup hardware is 50% tarnished/gold gone. The bad news on this one is some neckwear thru the finish on frets 3-6 and some fretwear in the same area. Fretboard is good. The headstock inlay is wearing to a gold color. Was originally bought from a music dealer in Naples FL, spent its last few years in TN. Serial number is 894xxx (seems to be a later 69, no dot on the i, transition tenon, not a one piece as far as I can tell).

66 Firebird XII 12 string sunburst. This one supposedly came via "Ernest Tubbs music store" or something of that nature. The gentlemen I purchased from played some music with and was an acquaintance of his. This one is even nicer than the 69. It is near mint on the back, except for light checking. The top has a few dings. Minimal/no fretwear, everything original, finish is great. Original hard case.

Seems like a cool and rare find. Any comments on the values of these? Pic attached

Thanks!! PS, I have a couple of 70's models, but these are both the pinnacles of my collection.

post-41432-024418500 1366685231_thumb.jpg

Archived