Gibson Brands Forums

ES 345 TD

Lorelei007

Hello, I thought some of you might like to see a photo of a guitar owned by my late brother, Herb Staehr. This guitar was previously owned by Alvin Lee and played at the Isle of Wight Festival in 1970. After my brother's death in 2008, the guitar was sold at auction at Skinner Auction in Boston, MA. My brother was Alvin Lee and TYA's biggest fan and a personal friend of the original band and the band today. He wrote a wonderful book, "Alvin Lee & Ten Years After-Visual History" which is available at Amazon.com. Type Herb Staehr in the Amazon search window. I am the seller, Big Sister Inc. RIP Alvin.

post-56021-021363200 1366742975_thumb.jpg

Man do I remember that guitar.............can I ask what did that guitar sell for at Skinner? Do they get around 25% or so commission which I feel frankly really sucks for them having to do relatively nothing............jim in Maine

Man do I remember that guitar.............can I ask what did that guitar sell for at Skinner? Do they get around 25% or so commission which I feel frankly really sucks for them having to do relatively nothing............jim in Maine

Hi, Here's a link to the Skinner catalogue with sale info:

http://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/2407/lots

Scroll down to Lot 16 to see the ES 345 sale info. Lots 15 and 26 were also guitars my brother owned.

You're right, Skinner's commission took a big chunk out of the money brought in for the three guitars!

Archived