Gibson Brands Forums

My Re-modded Goth Les Paul Studio

JeffsPhotos002-4.jpg

Good morning all. I did a couple of mods to my Goth LP studio as you can all see. First, I removed the pickguard which I never liked. I did order a Crème colored one which I was going to install on it but when it came in, it just didn't look right on it, so now that's collecting dust. I had also ordered some Gold top hat bell knobs from some dealer in China on E-bay but,when they came in, They would start to break when I tried to put them on the guitar. There was 9 bucks down the drain . Next I installed a brand new Graph-Tech NV-2 bridge which cost me $75.00 and was definitely worth it. This has graphite saddles and not only improves on the tuning stability, but also adds more tone and sustain as well. I love this guitar the way that it is now . It's one sexy beeotch and sounds killer with the new bridge added to it.

Swamprock , There is a difference between the earlier models and the newer ones that are out now. Mine has a killswitch on it which enables me to get a single coil sound if I choose to. If you want to get one on the cheap , you can either go to E-Bay or go to www.GuitarCenter.com and click on their used gear section. When you get there, click on guitars and type in Epiphone at the top and make sure you hit " Nationwide ", form there you should be able to find a used one for around the 2-250 dollar mark. If you find one and do decide to put in a Graph-Tech NV-2 bridge, be aware that they do cost $75.00 ,okay ? Good luck.

Guest GarrettH

Looks great! These were killer guitars to begin with, and certainly hold up as jumping off points for some pretty cool modifications!

Archived