Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - CC#2 Goldie

konnekt

It's Collectors Choice #2 Goldie. It sounds different from R9 vos, 85 prehistoric.

I think neck profile is something different. It's very comfortable to play chords and high fret.

I don't why. Just I felt that way. The most distinguished point is the weight. Several 59 reissues are

in my possession. I've never seen this lightness. The scale says it's only 7 lbs 15 oz. The heaviest beast in my hand

is Les Paul custom 1974 which is 10 lbs. Is goldie a chambered one?

I don't want to talk about tone. 'cause it depends on personal preference. I can tell you that it's very comfy to play.

And I think Gibson should make regular R9 reissue like this. BTW, Gibson you have done awesome job. Kudos for you.

IMG_2999_zps9ae82853.jpg

IMG_3003_zps746e8aff.jpg

IMG_3004_zpsa9e34278.jpg

IMG_3002_zps1eab078b.jpg

IMG_3001_zps3b8e6012.jpg

Congrats.

It is not chambered. The lightest solid historic LP I have seen was under 7 lbs.

Goldie has a different bridge pickup. Burstbucker 3 instead of the regular BB 2. Plus, not to mention that pickups do vary and even two of the same model can, and often do, sound completely different.

Congrats.

It is not chambered. The lightest solid historic LP I have seen was under 7 lbs.

Goldie has a different bridge pickup. Burstbucker 3 instead of the regular BB 2. Plus, not to mention that pickups do vary and even two of the same model can, and often do, sound completely different.

under 7 lbs? It's insanely light. Wow.

I understand the distance between strings and pickups also affects tone. I'm more than satisfied with my Goldie. Thank you for your reply.

Archived