Gibson Brands Forums

New Bridge Pickup

Crab

Hi, this is my first post here. Ok, I am looking at the Gibson 57 Classic and the Plus just for my bridge position. I am not to concerned about clean sounds with the 57 as I am looking for a thick distortion tone. I looked around on the forums and found some interesting opinions based on guitar build and wood type but as it will be I play a unique guitar and none of the comments pertained to me as I play a 24" short scale H-H with a alder body and maple neck. So,,, if anyone has any experience with the 57 Classic and the Plus keeping in mind my guitar, what can I expect from each and what are the differences in the 2 pickups. Thanks

I play both. Neither of them would sound as you describe. They tend to have a more vintage, clean type of sound. They sound great through a marshal amp but some of the guys think that they are little too trebly sounding. You might actually like the 500 T better. That's a pick up with a ceramic magnet in it that has twice the output of a classic 57. That extra output translates to a thicker and darker tone than the classic 57.

I play both. Neither of them would sound as you describe. They tend to have a more vintage, clean type of sound. They sound great through a marshal amp but some of the guys think that they are little too trebly sounding. You might actually like the 500 T better. That's a pick up with a ceramic magnet in it that has twice the output of a classic 57. That extra output translates to a thicker and darker tone than the classic 57.

I played a regular 57 in the bridge of a 335 and realy liked it.. I am not looking for a 500t. I liked the eq curve of the 57,, it worked for me and I was just looking for a little insite on the 57-57+

1370004891[/url]' post='1382056']

I played a regular 57 in the bridge of a 335 and realy liked it.. I am not looking for a 500t. I liked the eq curve of the 57,, it worked for me and I was just looking for a little insite on the 57-57+

The 57+ has a hair less treble and a bit more grit than the regular 57. In my opinion, if you like the 57 you'll get along just fine with the 57+.

The 57+ has a hair less treble and a bit more grit than the regular 57. In my opinion, if you like the 57 you'll get along just fine with the 57+.

Thanks,, The regular 57 sounds like what I am after,,

Archived