Gibson Brands Forums

silverburst

rjkmetalman

I got a Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Silverburst in 2007. I love it. No complaints. Well, one complaint. The selector wires were not properly setup, and they were also grounding on the inside which cause the switches not to work when in certain selected modes and further confusing the issue. My brother and I found two specific problems and resolved each separately. Now, it plays beautifully, although it would benefit from a proper setup in order to improve the action, and also to improve the sustain on the frets closer to bridge.

That said, it is a lovely guitar. The weight is perfect and the sustain is quite amazing. The alnico humbucker PUs scream, giving it pretty much any sound one could ask for. And the guitar stays in tune quite well. It is smooth, playable and I really love playing it. Got to move that action down though.

I got a Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Silverburst in 2007. I love it. No complaints. Well, one complaint. The selector wires were not properly setup, and they were also grounding on the inside which cause the switches not to work when in certain selected modes and further confusing the issue. My brother and I found two specific problems and resolved each separately. Now, it plays beautifully, although it would benefit from a proper setup in order to improve the action, and also to improve the sustain on the frets closer to bridge.

That said, it is a lovely guitar. The weight is perfect and the sustain is quite amazing. The alnico humbucker PUs scream, giving it pretty much any sound one could ask for. And the guitar stays in tune quite well. It is smooth, playable and I really love playing it. Got to move that action down though.

Any model can have a loose wire, not limited to silverbursts, or even Epi's. It takes seconds to lower the action, what are you waiting for?

Any model can have a loose wire, not limited to silverbursts, or even Epi's. It takes seconds to lower the action, what are you waiting for?

Great question. I've been really, really busy the past 5 years; sometimes life is an unrelenting storm of requirements (we all experience this). I have some time on my hands now but I am just getting used to the idea. Beyond the time issue, I want to be sure I lower it properly, in a measured way, so I can raise or lower it with some reference points. I'll look for some tips and hints on Youtube and get it done before the weekend is over.

Great argument by the way ("It takes seconds to lower the action, what are you waiting for?"). Thanks for the kick. [thumbup]

Archived