Gibson Brands Forums

Shed pickups for ES 345

yann

Hello ,

I need your help in order to have your opinions about shed pickups for an Es 345

I hesitate with paf Daddy or blues and two for my 345 ( with varitone )

Is There somebody who put these humbucker in hollowbodies ?

I've ever own supernaturals in a '58 vos les Paul and i know shed's rock

Please help me !!!

Ps: i hope i be clear enough ( sorry for my poor language)

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody ?

What year of manufacture is the ES-345? I have a new one, and it sounds better stock than any humbucker guitar I have ever owned (that's many). Regardless, I know nothing about "Shed" pickups, but I hope you find what you want.

My 345 is a 2011 production . Stock pickups sounds great but i thinck shed pickups would sound amazing with these guitar

I have ever compare bursbucker (from the custom shop) And shed supernaturals , And the shed set is really better

I thinck intall the blues And two set ( alnico 2)

My 345 is a 2011 production . Stock pickups sounds great but i thinck shed pickups would sound amazing with these guitar

I have ever compare bursbucker (from the custom shop) And shed supernaturals , And the shed set is really better

I thinck intall the blues And two set ( alnico 2)

Very cool, mine is from 2011 as well! So, we have different needs. As I said, the stock sound of my guitar is exactly what I desire.

Hi , i can't say That the stock 57. Classic are not good And the sound of the guitar is good but i search my " Holly grail" of tone !

Do you know what capacitors are in yours ?( thinck i'll put some vintage bumblebees )

Next week , i'll pass the guitar to a scanner And so i Will have more details ?

All the best

Yann

Hi , i can't say That the stock 57. Classic are not good And the sound of the guitar is good but i search my " Holly grail" of tone !

Do you know what capacitors are in yours ?( thinck i'll put some vintage bumblebees )

Next week , i'll pass the guitar to a scanner And so i Will have more details ?

All the best

Yann

My guitar is exactly as it came from the factory. I couldn't be more pleased. I am not the sort of player who contemplates making those kind of changes, e.g., capacitors, unless something is broken. I feel that there's no guarantee it will make things worse, rather than better. It seems to me that you have some very specific ideas about the sound that you are after, the "holy grail", and I do hope you find it (Have you tried Camelot??).

If your 345 is like mine, then you must certainly be happy with its natural resonance and sustain. I am in love with the even, full voice of this guitar. "Good wood", I will say!

Archived