Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a Genuine DG-335?

cheese345

Hi everyone, I got this guitar as a gift a long time ago (link to album below). I don't have much time to play it anymore so am thinking about selling it can get the love it deserves. I just wondered if this is a genuine DG-335 or a knock off? and how much it could be worth? I can supply new pictures if needed. Your help would be greatly appreciated Thanks guys.

http://imgur.com/a/bj7O4#0

Just noticed this is in the wrong place, sorry guys.

• 4 weeks later...

cheese345, I think you're in the right place. This is the part of the forum for Custom Shop ES and archtop guitars and I think the Dave Grohl ES-335 fits here. It looks like the real deal to me. It has the proper sticker

inside the f-hole (well, the ones on this model are more like elongated diamonds), has a Gibson Custom case and a COA (Cerificate of Authenticity). I would have it checked out by an authorized Gibson Dealer or

you can call Gibson themselves, describe it to them and see what they say. They could tell be the serial number when it was built, etc. I'm not sure if this was a "Limited" edition or not, as it's a signature model.

Archived