Gibson Brands Forums

1954 gibson ga40 lp amp

cals custom

I posted a question a while back about where to find original covering for a 1953-54 gibson GA40 LP amp. The only amp I have seen that looks like the original was from buffalo amps.But I have not been able to contact him in any way.If anyone knows what product is used to cover this amp and where to get please help. thanks Cal

I posted a question a while back about where to find original covering for a 1953-54 gibson GA40 LP amp. The only amp I have seen that looks like the original was from buffalo amps.But I have not been able to contact him in any way.If anyone knows what product is used to cover this amp and where to get please help. thanks Cal

A close-up photo of the covering would (of course) help, but try:

http://www.tubesandmore.com/products/grill_cloth_tolex_piping

I don't know where you are located ... but there is an amp tech extrordinaire (Buzzy, Scarborough Ontario) who has more amps parts and pieces of vintage and hard to find amps as well as a fabulous collection ... He is a go to guy for vintage repairs and parts. Very private with his stuff and selective about what he sells or repairs ... I will be speaking with him re my '64 Fender Deluxe and will see if he may have or know of what you need. A440

Archived