Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page Signature Les Paul Custom and CA Available?

Aurora200

The Gibson Custom Shop website says the Jimmy Page Signature Les Paul Custom is currently sold out. I haven't seen a Jimmy Page Custom Authentic in the stores in a long while. Are both models still available for order or do we have to wait for another production run to be announced?

Take a look at the product description for the Jimmy Page CA. It says, "....and an unlimited run in the Custom Authentic finish." So much for that I guess.

And whatever happened to the Jimmy Page Signature EDS-1275 Doubleneck?

These short production runs are great for collectors, but not for players.

I have one. Paid $6k plus tax. You know what - it's not worth the money. It's really nice, but not worth the money. This is of course a subjective opinion. I also have a 2004 Page signature burst. Now that one really has tone and feel - well worth the cash.

I had 4 JPCs, sold two, play one daily and also have the 002 that doesn't ever get played but have been offered twice what I paid for it. That one will go to auction in NYC in a few years. So all in all I feel most Gibson products are good and if the ones that are good for collectors continue to hold value then we cant go to wrong with having them around. I have the Dark Fire 004 coming from GC in Atlanta that should be arriving tomorrow. This is another for collection olny. I did find out however that Page gave his 001 to Justin Hawkins (Darkness) Justin also has Dark Fire 001 and 002.

I still like my old strat for a daily player also but find the tone with SGs and LPs better for old Blues and Rock. I wanted a Page burst but missed out on that one.

Page gave the his own signature away! Wow, that would be a public relations black eye for Gibson if it got out much. Maybe not - they've sold all of that stock. eBay prices are well below the $6k mark - many go unsold.

I think the instrument is a fine guitar but no better than an LP Custom. So the extra $3k is for the Page signature treatment.

As far as low numbers I never understood the attraction. I guess single digits might sound better but is there really a difference in quality from a the number 99 vs the number 9 off the assembly line?

Anyway, I have learned my lesson concerning overpriced, signature guitars.

I got my DF yesterday played it a while and really don't like it. But it is good for collection. Page gave his guitar to that guy for a reward for kicking drugs but he also said it was to heavy for him. I really like the JPC I play but have a problem with the switch shorting. I am having that fixed and buffing it up to put away for a few years. I will miss it but because of the value don't want it getting hurt. I am going for a new SG for a daily player. Not sure which on but since the Angus SG is not much money I will see how it plays in Atlantic City this afternoon. Hope I like it, the DF like I said was a big disappointment and keeping it will be risky. Looks good though.

Also the low number thing is like first edition books so much more valuable. The owner of Maverick Music sold an 01 page a half a year ago for over 150k He told me on the phone to put away my 02 and call it a retirement fund. If I had any Page Sunburst I would do the same. I also think that lowest number guitars have more time spent on making them due to all the big guys having a look at it, so those putting it out want it to be perfect. This DF does have some real nice looking woodgrain used in making it. I've seen pictures of others that didn't blend as nice. I was anxious to see the woodgrain knowing it may not be a great player but rather a good looker.

Buffing the Page will eliminate that VOS wash they slop on to make it look older. The VOS finish wore off the neck of mine in about 2 hours of play.

I bought a Gretsch Billy-Bo 2 weeks ago. OUTSTANDING sounding guitar. OUTSTANDING build quality. You might check that out some day.

I have always been curious about the Angus SG. Bid on a couple used ones on eBay but lost. I'll try again some day.

I didn't leave the page to be worked on, ran out of time. I played mine most everyday and didn't even check close for the finish wear. I will check that. I only had a short time to look over the GC inventory in Atlantic City. They didn't have an Angus in stock and only a few quality Gibsons. The last of the SG Diablo was there and marked down so I got that instead for now. I have about a half hour playing on it and still trying to decide how I like it. So far OK. It's hard to replace the JPC for a daily player. I saw the Billy Bo online. It looked good I will check one out when I can.

Archived