Gibson Brands Forums

Trying to find my exact model of paul.

indecks

I bought a used Les Paul, and the guy stated it was a Special. But then I did some looking and it seems that I may have a Les Paul Junior Special Humbucker. But I'm a little confused as there are some differences in my guitar to the pictures I see online. For one thing the pick guard is completely different and shaped like a Les Paul Studio/etc pick guard. Also the volume/tone knobs are a bit different. As far as I know these differences were not after market additions by the previous owner, but I could be mistaken. Also the truss rod cover doesn't say "Special" on it.

I've attached some pictures. Can anyone identify if I have a Jr Special, or just a Special?

post-67139-018627100 1408971589_thumb.jpg

post-67139-007996100 1408971596_thumb.jpg

Hello Indecks and welcome to the Forums!

Your guitar is: http://www.leadguitars.fr/gibson-les-paul-special-humbucker-vintage-sunburst-guitare-electrique-solid-body.html

...a Gibson Les Paul Special Humbucker Edition. (a.k.a. Special Pro)

The knobs are push-pulls on Yours?

Cheers... Bence

Thanks Bence!

Yes the knobs are push-pull. But they are different than the ones in the pic that you linked to. I wonder if they were swapped out by the owner. I really like the little guitar. It sounds great. Not my favorite finish, tobacco burst, but still a great sounding guitar, which is the important thing. Thanks again!

Archived