Gibson Brands Forums

Need Help Identifying Pickup

neo28340

Hello all! New user here, spent a little time reading the forums and can say that everyone here is very nice and informative. I purchased my first epiphone yesterday, YAY! Before this i have been strictly a Fender player. Jags, Mustangs and Strat's. To the point where my friends didnt believe i had stepped out of that brand lol. Anyway, i purchased an Epiphone Les Paul Standard from Guitar Center. It was used, and it was a great deal at $359.00....i think lol. Back to the topic, it has humbuckers in it that i do not believe to be the stock ones, i cannot figure out what kind they are. I have included pictures, i would love if you guys could help me find out. Thanks! P.S i had to resize the photos, as they were too big to post. Also, the bridge is off of the guitar because i was cleaning it and putting new strings on. post-69834-097665700 1420686373_thumb.jpg

Hello all! New user here, spent a little time reading the forums and can say that everyone here is very nice and informative. I purchased my first epiphone yesterday, YAY! Before this i have been strictly a Fender player. Jags, Mustangs and Strat's. To the point where my friends didnt believe i had stepped out of that brand lol. Anyway, i purchased an Epiphone Les Paul Standard from Guitar Center. It was used, and it was a great deal at $359.00....i think lol. Back to the topic, it has humbuckers in it that i do not believe to be the stock ones, i cannot figure out what kind they are. I have included pictures, i would love if you guys could help me find out. Thanks! P.S i had to resize the photos, as they were too big to post. Also, the bridge is off of the guitar because i was cleaning it and putting new strings on. post-69834-097665700 1420686373_thumb.jpg

Ok, here are the links to the guitar picture and the back of the pickup. Ive searched and couldnt find anything :( http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa363/neo28340/PhotoJan0635837PM.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa363/neo28340/PhotoJan0642108PM.jpg

SEM pickups are a 'brand'. I found SEM's in a cheap Ibanez guitar I bought from a thrift shop. I don't know what the numbers mean though, there wasn't a whole lot of info about them at the time I was looking. The ones in that Ibanez fell well short of spectacular performance, but it was a low end guitar. I think SEM's were made in Korea about 20 years ago (may still be) but you can find SEM brand pickups on eBay for around $25 to $30 direct from China. Like all things, there are probably better and lesser qualities within the range, depending on price. If you like the sound of them, it doesn't really matter.

SEM pickups are a 'brand'. I found SEM's in a cheap Ibanez guitar I bought from a thrift shop. I don't know what the numbers mean though, there wasn't a whole lot of info about them at the time I was looking. The ones in that Ibanez fell well short of spectacular performance, but it was a low end guitar. I think SEM's were made in Korea about 20 years ago (may still be) but you can find SEM brand pickups on eBay for around $25 to $30 direct from China. Like all things, there are probably better and lesser qualities within the range, depending on price. If you like the sound of them, it doesn't really matter.

Thank you so much Jonnyg. You helped out alot. And yeah, they arent that great. But the neck sounds good!

Archived