Gibson Brands Forums

Onboard Tuner

simont

Tronical wrote

”* Provide a method for an Onboard Tuner.”

We are working on this issue.

Great news!

A few thoughts....

We do not need an onboard Chromatic tuner in the conventional sense:-pluck string and tuner tells us what pitch the string is at.

We need a Single String Tuning Mode - select string(red LED)/dial in required note using the MCK LED's or the Display Matrix/pluck string/ (green LED) when individual string in tune.

Whatever happens it is VITAL that we DO NOT loose the existing method of using an external tuner to create both custom presets and reference tuning.

• 2 weeks later...

doing a bump on this as it is not showing in the sub forum but is available on the rss feed.

will delete if/when needed

s

NOTE: at the momment if i delete this post the thread dissapears from the topics list again.!....?

on the same token with that, i think it would be great if you could have a way to tune all 6 strings down/up a half step at a time without having to manually tune each one or set presets for every EADGBe interval tuning there is. Also if you could start in any tuning, say drop D, it would be easy to get into drop C without having to have two different presets for both of the tunings. just a though and i'm sure someone can fine-tune this idea so it'll make sense and maybe be feasible

on the same token with that, i think it would be great if you could have a way to tune all 6 strings down/up a half step at a time without having to manually tune each one or set presets for every EADGBe interval tuning there is. Also if you could start in any tuning, say drop D, it would be easy to get into drop C without having to have two different presets for both of the tunings. just a though and i'm sure someone can fine-tune this idea so it'll make sense and maybe be feasible

Archived