Gibson Brands Forums

Unknown Epiphone LP from the early 00s

BillHoudini

Hello guys,newbie here!

I've been searching for a nice LP on a bugdet and I found this guitar. Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony

This link is in Greek,so I will translate that for you.

"Epi LP Std for sale.It is upgraded with Gibson electronics."

The problem is the following.No matter how I searched,I couldn't find any Epiphone Std with that finish.I have the serial number (I02111462) and already found the following info:

Your guitar was made at the

Saein Plant, Korea/China

November 2002

Production Number: 1462

The thing is that I can't find the exact model, in order to consider if 220 euros is a fair price for the specific guitar.Any ideas on the model?

Thanks in advance!

(I didn't see in time that there is a specific thread for that stuff.I would appreciate the transfer by any admin)

Hello cap,thanks for the response.

The guitar I'm about to buy (I have an appointment with the seller on Monday) is made in November 2002 and the ''Plus Top'' series started the next year.

Any other ideas?

The Ibanez RG series started in 1987 as can be read everywhere. My RG 430 is one of the first ever made - in 1986. No doubt that she's real ever since, as real as can be.

The Ibanez RG series started in 1987 as can be read everywhere. My RG 430 is one of the first ever made - in 1986. No doubt that she's real ever since, as real as can be.

Oh didn't know that something like this could happen.

Check this out.It's an Epiphone Les Paul Classic with a pickguard,made in 1999.

Epiphone Les Paul Classic

Looks quite similar.The hardware,the trussrod cover.What do you think?

Oh didn't know that something like this could happen.

Check this out.It's an Epiphone Les Paul Classic with a pickguard,made in 1999.

Epiphone Les Paul Classic

Looks quite similar.The hardware,the trussrod cover.What do you think?

On theory, this one should be a Les Paul Classic Plus which was made 2003-2005, but who knows? On the other hand, we don't know about the serial number. Anyway, there often are special runs for retail chains which don't appear in the general catalogs or archives.

Two of my Gibson Les Paul guitars are limited models and have never been listed anywhere officially except for one in the Guitar Center Christmas 2011 catalog. The related model was a GC exclusive in the USA, weird timbers, crazy looks, five finishes, 30 items of each. The one of mine could even be the only one that ever came to Europe due to an individual dealer request. Clearly legit, no trace of a doubt. These things, by the way, do happen fairly often at that particular small but very reputable dealer.

On theory, this one should be a Les Paul Classic Plus which was made 2003-2005, but who knows? On the other hand, we don't know about the serial number. Anyway, there often are special runs for retail chains which don't appear in the general catalogs or archives.

Two of my Gibson Les Paul guitars are limited models and have never been listed anywhere officially except for one in the Guitar Center Christmas 2011 catalog. The related model was a GC exclusive in the USA, weird timbers, crazy looks, five finishes, 30 items of each. The one of mine could even be the only one that ever came to Europe due to an individual dealer request. Clearly legit, no trace of a doubt. These things, by the way, do happen fairly often at that particular small but very reputable dealer.

Ooh I see.Anyway,I will post better pictures tommorow,after I get it home.I always wanted a Les Paul with that kind of look and this one with Gibson electronics and pickups will be my partner in crime! [biggrin]

Archived