Gibson Brands Forums

tuning presets

simont

I'm curious as the whether we can actually store a "unique" Chameleon Tone to a tuning preset or just link to one of the "currently available" 8 Chameleon Tone presets.

ie;- If we edit and save one of the 8 Chameleon Tones do all the Tuning presets with that tone change as well ?

Hope that makes sense....

Alt Tuning Presets are unique - there are 3 banks of 6 = 18 total

Chameleon Presets are unique - there are 8 total

Although for each of the 18 Alt Tuning presets you can store one of the existing 8 unique Chameleon Presets for that Tuning too, and rewrite each alt tuning preset with your own tuning and Chameleon Tone.

But you currently can not create more than 8 Chameleon Tones

All bets are off until we see the latest Tronical Firmware which will ship with RIP.

Then get ready for Dark Fire Firmware updates every 6 weeks, as new features are added.

This is one reason why the Owners Manual was delayed - The feature set is not "frozen" - new functions will be added over time.

I just want what is advertised here:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/DarkFire/Sound.aspx

". Combined, the two classic electromagnetic pickups and the piezo bridge pickup are wired in such a way to allow each individual coil to be used in a switching matrix, giving you over 20 separate combinations of tone and an incredible array of tonal possibilities."

At this hour - we only have 8 Chameleon Tone slots - about 12 shy of the advertised 20, and no ability to choose "each individual coil to be used in a switching matrix ! The current Dark Fire Firmware can provide only 5 unique mag PU coil combinations - and they are not user configurable

All bets are off until we see the latest Tronical Firmware which will ship with RIP.

Then get ready for Dark Fire Firmware updates every 6 weeks' date=' as new features are added.

This is one reason why the Owners Manual was delayed - The feature set is not "frozen" - new functions will be added over time.

[b']At this hour - we only have 8 Chameleon Tone slots - about 12 shy of the advertised 20, and no ability to choose "each individual coil to be used in a switching matrix ! The current Dark Fire Firmware can provide only 5 unique mag PU coil combinations - and they are not user configurable [/b]

Bottom line is we're looking for more onboard presets.

As I see it , there are 24 primary clickstream slots still

available now:-

"#b" LED/"EADGBe" Position-String LED/................. ............... long press/ X 3 banks =18

"revolving arrow" LED/................................................................ short press/ X 3 banks = 3

"I" LED/.................................................................. .... .............. short press/ X 3 banks =3

Maybe 2 more as it is a waste of slots having 3 instances of "Display Charge Level".

Tuner/mute/single string down/footpedal and bluetooth are going to take at least 6 away.

That leaves 18, and if thats all there ever will be , personally I'd like the option to use most of them for storing presets.

But, this is all speculation...

If we could get the answer to this one question on the potential future slot capacity we could have a more productive debate about the tool at our disposal don't you think?

Archived