Gibson Brands Forums

Gold Hardware?

Taylorplayer

To all:

In other posts I mentioned having an original Epiphone Crestwood Deluxe come my way recently. I am wondering about the gold hardware on it? Apparently other models did have that feature. But, has anyone ever seen (or heard of) another Crestwood Deluxe with Gold Hardware? Any info you can offer would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Will

IMG_0159_zpsipbmnrvd.jpg

I'm not sure about most of the older instruments but usually "Deluxe" models will come with gold hardware. the only example I can think of off the top of my head is the Dot Deluxe.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

I agree that the newer ones - that are considered "Deluxe Models" - oftentimes have gold hardware. I've been told, however, that it's very unusual to see a vintage Crestwood Deluxe with it.

[/b][/i]

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

I agree that the newer ones - that are considered "Deluxe Models" - oftentimes have gold hardware. I've been told, however, that it's very unusual to see a vintage Crestwood Deluxe with it.

I forget, what year is your Crestwood?

I forget, what year is your Crestwood?

Hello again - I believe it to be a 1964. I was told by a well informed guitar dealer that he has handled several Crestwood Deluxe models, but that in his 40 years of business has never seen one with gold hardware. He suggested that someone may have gone to the trouble of having all of it plated at some time...

I have an old Epiphone book "the complete History" and in the price lists in the back from the 60's they don't mention the color of the hardware but did mention it came in cherry red or white. who knows...

Archived