Gibson Brands Forums

Significance of the Decal?

Arvey

I recently bought a very nice ES 345 reissue and it has a Memphis decal on the back of the headstock.

At the risk of sounding like a complete dill, can someone enlighten me as to the significance of this, and whether it makes the guitar of any more value, than say one of the same vintage without the decal?

I'm keen to know more about these issues which is why I've come here seasrching for answers. :)

The Gibson Custom Historic shop is in Memphis - this decal notes your guitar was built in the Custom Historic shop.

no. actually, the custom shop is in nashville. the memphis shop is under the same division as the custom shop as far as structuring though. a custom shop sticker tells you it was built in the custom shop....not a memphis sticker.

Thanks for the replies thus far guys, so I guess I don't have anything special in so far as a special edition or such. Oh well it's a really nice guitar in my books.

I'm new to the method to post pics but on reading search topics on this here goes

decal.jpg

So I guess reading between the lines that all ES 345 reissues will come from the Memphis plant and bare this decal?

Hmmm, interesting, have just seen this on US eBay, it's a red colour where mine is a darker Cherry Red. Other than that all other features are the same as mine, but no decal!!!

It was made in September while mine was made in April of the same year. Any ideas anyone?

red345-1.jpg

red345-2.jpg

red345-3.jpg

yes' date=' all 345s come from Memphis.... but i'm not familiar with that decal. can we get pics of the rest of the guitar?

(front and back of headstock, logos, TRC, serial, body, frets, F holes, etc)[/quote']

id be interested to see pictures too.

Archived