Gibson Brands Forums

An old friend

El Cavano

I've had this guitar since high school and just recently got back to a more jazz style of playing. Dusted this baby off and man, it is a beauty.

Playability is very nice, after some minor truss and bridge adjustment. Very flat fret board.

Tone on the mini-humbuckers is awesome, though I need to work on some scratchy pots and evaluate whether the pickups need any TLC. I'm not used to playing or hearing this guitar, so after many years, again this guitar seems "new" to me.

I think I may rely on an expert guitar tech to clean the pots and check the electronic internals. I don't want to dork it up.

Photo coming soon...

I've had this guitar since high school and just recently got back to a more jazz style of playing. Dusted this baby off and man, it is a beauty.

Playability is very nice, after some minor truss and bridge adjustment. Very flat fret board.

Tone on the mini-humbuckers is awesome, though I need to work on some scratchy pots and evaluate whether the pickups need any TLC. I'm not used to playing or hearing this guitar, so after many years, again this guitar seems "new" to me.

I think I may rely on an expert guitar tech to clean the pots and check the electronic internals. I don't want to dork it up.

Photo coming soon...

Nice guitar El Cavano, you don't see too many around of that age. Wise of you to let a tech tune her up. He might also spot something age related that would be of preventative help, lest something deteriorate unnoticed.

Wow, she takes me back to very early guitar memories of much older players during the late '50s and very early '60s. Those more jazz-blues oriented guitars were absolutely steeped in an earlier musical age that I still felt as a very young player. Thanks! [thumbup]

Archived