Gibson Brands Forums

1994 MIK Limited Edition blonde/natural Strat-style Info?

Tejasblues

I will post a pic later, but I am having trouble finding a pic or model name of a blonde Strat-style Epiphone with a maple fret-board Explorer type neck. Weighs way more than an average strat body.

1994 Saien factory serial # I4040760 Limited Edition

Would love to find out what I purchased for $30! I will check out the electronics first chance.

Not one single scratch or dent on the body!(What I actually wanted it for) The neck, with banana type headstock,had been repaired. Repair is on the back, nut-to-5th fret. Re-glued where the two-piece neck was matched.

Any info would be sweet. Thanks all!

I will post a pic later, but I am having trouble finding a pic or model name of a blonde Strat-style Epiphone with a maple fret-board Explorer type neck. Weighs way more than an average strat body.

1994 Saien factory serial # I4040760 Limited Edition

Would love to find out what I purchased for $30! I will check out the electronics first chance.

Not one single scratch or dent on the body!(What I actually wanted it for) The neck, with banana type headstock,had been repaired. Repair is on the back, nut-to-5th fret. Re-glued where the two-piece neck was matched.

Any info would be sweet. Thanks all!

maybe an S310?

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/123949-the-oxymoron-of-guitars/

Thanks for the info, LPS1976. Helped send me in the right direction; two pics I found said S-300, one an S-310. Either way, now I know more than I did.

I grab as many "decent" import guitars as I can from local pawnshops that sell for less than $100, then add USA electronics, cloth wire, Orange drops and such...sell on-line as fast I can finish one. Occasionally, I find a gem I didn't know about before. You never know until you actually are holding it, exam the finer points. This is one of them, way glad it wound up with me. I noticed the whole routing job is identical to a MIK Strat-Style Samick we have for studio use. Like the same exact machine did the routing!

Funny thing, the 1996 Samick is a glued plywood body and has one of the best tonal characteristics ever, compareable to the USA Strats we use in very critical recording sessions. We all got a lesson in mocking the import. I was gonna throw it in a trash pile!

Same thing with this Epi; it has a real tonal identity.

No more snobbery for Epiphone guitars in our crew, lesson learned.

All hail Epiphone!

Archived