Gibson Brands Forums

warranty

Zed91

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering about the warranty of the DF. I see three different things :

- life time gibson warranty

- one year electronic warranty (I saw that on the forum, don't know more)

- 3 year warranty from the shop I ordered my (future) DF

So if this is right, if I have a problem on the MCK (for example) in more than one year, what should I do ? Tronical does not give life time warranty? And last question : what is the scope of the gibson warranty?

Sorry if this have been already answered.

I am also interested in specific information about the warranty of a Dark Fire purchased from an authorized USA retailer and owned in the USA by the original owner.

Reading the Gibson warranty document, what is considered to be "factory installed electronics" only covered for one year in a Dark Fire and what is covered by the Gibson "Lifetime" warranty?

The sales reps in my local Guitar Center cannot answer the question....they haven't a clue. Someone from Gibson Customer Support...please answer my question. Thank you very much!

I took elantric's advice and contacted Gibson in order to clarify the Dark Fire warranty. Thought I'd post this to claryify the warranty for others. Here's what I asked them:

I am interested in specific information about the warranty of a Dark Fire purchased from an authorized USA retailer and owned in the USA by the original owner. Reading the Gibson warranty document, what is considered to be "factory installed electronics" only covered for one year in a Dark Fire and what is covered by the Gibson "Lifetime" warranty on a Gibson Dark Fire guitar? Your warranty document seem vague. The sales reps in my local Guitar Center cannot answer my questions....they haven't a clue.

Here was there reply: Thanks for writing. As long as you are the original owner, with the original sales receipt, the body and neck of the guitar are covered by a lifetime warranty against manufacturer’s defect. Factory installed electronics are covered for one year from date of purchase. Hope this helps, Rachel Bowles Gibson Customer Service 1-800-4GIBSON

Archived