Gibson Brands Forums

Searching for Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX knobs

Moro

Hi All,

after a long research, I was able to buy a second-hand Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX, with Gibson Dirty Fingers pickups.

The guitar is wonderful, but the gold-plated hardware is now showing some tarnishing, and I decided to replace all of it.

Bridge and tail piece are easy to find, but where to find the volume/tone knobs ?

They are push-on gold-plated domes, with a red pearl inlay on the top.

Q-parts produces something very similar to them, but with a set-in screw (that I don't want to see).

I tried to write to the Epi costumer support, but no answer so far (couple of weeks now).

I checked with allparts, thomann, stewmac and many more... but no luck.

Can you suggest any other online shop ?

Do you know someone selling these knobs ?

Thank you

Moro

most knobs of this style I've seen have the set screw. these are better quality than the plastic centered ones that usually come on this model. go for these. after a few days, you'll forget about the set screw.

most knobs of this style I've seen have the set screw. these are better quality than the plastic centered ones that usually come on this model. go for these. after a few days, you'll forget about the set screw.

Thanks for the answer... it makes perfect sense, also because I just got a reply from Epiphone, where they said the spare parts are not sold separately... I am wondering that if I really wanted to have the originals spare parts, I should buy a new guitar !

Cheers

Moro

Archived