Gibson Brands Forums

Electric for singer songwriter

Desolationrow

Hello, i am a singer songwriter acoustic player, single coil guy, zero licks ,clean sound, strumming only with fingers(no pick).

My only electric guitar is a Rickenbacker 330 6 string. i prefer a hollow body guitar because i think its better a short sustain, but im open to a solid body.

in your opnion, what electric could work? A Gibson 125 full body with p90 neck? telecaster? gibson es330?

thanks

Hello, i am a singer songwriter acoustic player, single coil guy, zero licks ,clean sound, strumming only with fingers(no pick).

My only electric guitar is a Rickenbacker 330 6 string. i prefer a hollow body guitar because i think its better a short sustain, but im open to a solid body.

in your opnion, what electric could work? A Gibson 125 full body with p90 neck? telecaster? gibson es330?

thanks

Firstly, welcome to the forums :)

This is quite a subjective question, as many here would suggest something they think would work, but ultimately it comes down to what you can work with.

If you say you're a single-coil kinda' guy; one of your suggestions already stands out here, which is the Telecaster. You can't go wrong, here; they come in all sorts of price ranges, and have a good tonal variety accessible. I'd say go down to your local, if possible, and try some out while playing your style of music, and see which one has the sound and feel you're happy with.

Archived