Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul 60s Tribute Outfit Capacitors

_sQuid

I recently bought an Epiphone Les Paul 60s Tribute Outfit (serial number F313823) from an authorized reseller.

Epiphone lists the model with Mallory 150 capacitors but upon checking the tone cavity, I found generic film capacitors instead (please see attached pictures).

Did Epiphone use generic capacitors on early releases and is this still authentic factory specs?

Here's a picture of the cavity

I recently bought an Epiphone Les Paul 60s Tribute Outfit (serial number F313823) from an authorized reseller.

Epiphone lists the model with Mallory 150 capacitors but upon checking the tone cavity, I found generic film capacitors instead (please see attached pictures).

Did Epiphone use generic capacitors on early releases and is this still authentic factory specs?

Here's a picture of the cavity

Authorized Reseller? is there anything besides the serial number stamped on the headstock? There's a difference between an authorized dealer and reseller.

Authorized Reseller? is there anything besides the serial number stamped on the headstock? There's a difference between an authorized dealer and reseller.

Yes sir, from an authorized dealer. It's listed in the Epiphone website's dealers.

The usual "Handcrafted in China" and "Quality Control inspected" stickers are on the back of the headstock aside from the stamped serial number. The product code is ENTPVSNH1.

I'm getting confused because the Mallory 150 capacitors are listed in the 1960 Tribute Plus in this Epiphone website page but sometimes it's not listed in other websites like this and this especially when it's named 60s Tribute Outfit. But according to this page, the 60s Tribute Outfit also has the Mallories. It gets more confusing when specs from different websites differ in terms of its tuners. The Grover tuners ratio differ from 16:1 to 18:1.

I also asked the dealer but they said it happens sometimes saying "some les pauls have different capacitors, even Gibsons, even if its listed in the specs sheet".

Is there a difference between the 1960 Tribute Plus and the 60s Tribute Outfit? I assumed they are the same guitar with just an updated name. I'm just anxious if the unit I got has been tampered with before the sale.

Yes sir, from an authorized dealer. It's listed in the Epiphone website's dealers.

The usual "Handcrafted in China" and "Quality Control inspected" stickers are on the back of the headstock aside from the stamped serial number. The product code is ENTPVSNH1.

I'm getting confused because the Mallory 150 capacitors are listed in the 1960 Tribute Plus in this Epiphone website page but sometimes it's not listed in other websites like this and this especially when it's named 60s Tribute Outfit. But according to this page, the 60s Tribute Outfit also has the Mallories. It gets more confusing when specs from different websites differ in terms of its tuners. The Grover tuners ratio differ from 16:1 to 18:1.

I also asked the dealer but they said it happens sometimes saying "some les pauls have different capacitors, even Gibsons, even if its listed in the specs sheet".

Is there a difference between the 1960 Tribute Plus and the 60s Tribute Outfit? I assumed they are the same guitar with just an updated name. I'm just anxious if the unit I got has been tampered with before the sale.

As long as it sounds good; I wouldn't worry about it. epiphone has been known to change specs without notice. the difference between the Tribute Plus and the Tribute is the top. Plus top vs. plain top.

Archived