Gibson Brands Forums

dark fire problem

boardusmcer

I have just started having a problem with my DF after a trip to virgina and updating the firmware with the RIP. Whenever the MCK is either on or in play mode the guitar comes through horribly distorted for some reason. If i turn the MCK off it sounds fine and clear. I have no idea what could cause this, but has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'll be sending it back to Gibson and let you know what they say, but the guitar laid in its case, flat on its back, in the cab of the truck for the trip so that shouldn't have caused any issues. not sure if it could have been the firmware update but i didn't plug the guitar into the amp between coming back from virginia and hooking it into the RIP so who really knows.... any ideas?

Mine has very similar symptom. At least yours fully charges; mine never gets fully charged even after plugged over night. MCK sometimes gets stuck and hard to pull up or turn, and P-90H pickup noise is just another annoyance. I'm sending it for repair soon but waiting to receive my RIP to get firmware update. (BTW, they somehow didn't receive my fax of receipt, and I have to send it again. argh...) =P~

Archived