Gibson Brands Forums

What's really going on?

dirtypurple

This isnt meant as a moan, or Gibson bash...but really, what is going on?

1. Seems all 2000 US guitars have gone out. Not that many RMA'd probably. No recall, not telling shops to stop selling.

2. No (or very very few) guitars to rest of world. No dates etc

I cant understand why all the US guitars are ok, but the rest of the world batch arent.

If it was something simple, surely a date could be published. It sounds like something is more serious than that.

Have production costs shot up in order to get the QA right?

Are they worried about the cost of RMAs from around the world? But then there are regional Gibson outlets. And not that many guitars are going back are they?

Why havent they shipped in limited quantities? Why all or nothing?

The basic guitar seems ok, just the electronics or software maybe? But software can be fixed via patch? And if thats not the case, then what about all the guitars already shipped.

So to repeat, what could be causing such a delay, when the US guitars are STILL shipping? I just cant think of what it is.

Here comes the paranoia! I'm not sure this second batch is ever going to come. I think the 2000 for the US is it. I reckon its become too expensive; someone got their calcs wrong and we wont see any more. Or they are going to have to work out how to make the second 2000 a lot cheaper to make..

As said, no Gibson bashing here...still looking forward to mine...but something bad is going on in my view. Also, not wanting to post a downbeat thread, but think about it....

Well Dirtypurple your post about sums it up. Lack of any DF's over here in the UK is not the main problem but the lack of info from Gibson is. Maybe they will be here tomorrow or in a week or in a month or who knows when? But if Gibson released some credible up to date info the speculation would stop and we would all wait quietly.

I suspect that Gibson if they are having major production issues is relucatant to release this info as IMO any official long long term delays may result in significant numbers of cancelled orders. I remember how really excited I was when I originally ordered my DF back in Nov 2008, but the ongoing delays which were generally found out about third hand saw me lose interest, hence I bought a VG99 (awsome acoustic simulations by the way). However I recently regretted my earlier actions and looked to source one for the anticipated March release in the UK, and guess what more unconfirmed delays.

I to do not intend to moan or bash Gibson (I own a GOR 1st edition and 2008 LP Std which are both awsome quality instruments) I am just getting very frustrated with the lack of info. I would not be at all surprised if a Gear4music employee appears on this forum to retract their estimated delivery date (I suspect after being heavily leaned on by a Gibson rep). Maaybe this was the case with the Andertons fiasco!! after all having the official Gibson dealer rights is a good earner for any quality music store. No fact in either of these statements just my pesimistic and untrusting view.

Finally a message for the Gibson management team 'No News' is not good news as the saying would have us believe.

Archived