Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Pat Martino

aiq

• 1 month later...

I hadn't seen any good pictures of this guitar from the side, but now I see it's pretty slim. Could you give me the dimensions of the body? I haven't been able to find them anywhere else. I've been looking at getting something not so fat as an es175. Does gibson make any other slim archtops?

Thanks,

the body and sides are carved from one piece of mahogany, 57 pups, and a ebony fret board. slim taper neck, straight pull headstock. great sustain and resonance, no feedback problems, it was designed by Pat and Gibson, and fits his style, you can listen to any of Pat's newer recordings to get and idea of his tone, which really hasn't changed over his les paul, 175, or custom guitar days. A comfortable, no feedback issue guitar.

048.jpg

017.jpg

014.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer (Custom/Historic dealer in VA) says they were originally made in lots of 40 as orders came in, usually about every 12 - 16 months since roughly 1999? Built in NAshville to this point, although anything with an f-hole is moving to Memphis?

I own one...brown finish and I love it. Saw on a Japanese blog that the production had ceased and the link on Pat's website is no longer active. If the guitar is no longer in production I may want to get another playing guitar (possibly an ES=339) and leave the Martino at home.

here's mine:

CopyofPICT0861a.jpg

Archived