Gibson Brands Forums

At what cost?

brodo

I ordered 2 Dark Fires way back ... and put down a 20% deposit. I have since cancelled one of them in favor of buying an old strat. When I placed my order the advertised price was £1999.00 and now thanks to the exchange rate they are now£2399.00 my fears now are they will put our VAT rate back up before they are released and again another price hike. I have emailed Gibson Europe and asked why some where released in the USA and even Singapore, the reply was the generic cut and paste of the rather old announcement on the Dark Fire page, that doesn't answer my question nor does it restore my confidence. I am now seriously considering another cancellation and putting my money elsewhere as there is no news on a release date for the UK. Some retailers I have spoke to have advised me against buying one untill they have hit the streets and any problems fixed, a few said you only have to look on ebay to see a good few of the first run robot guitars on offer. They were of the opinion that tuning wasn't what it should be. It would be nice to have a Dark Fire but at what cost? The longer we here in the UK have to wait the greater the risk of exchange rate and tax hikes.....

If you pre ordered your df

your dealer should honour the price it was originally sold at.

I ordered mine when price was £1999 and that's all im paying, interest rates going up or not.

in effect ive earned £400 due to the price hike! Not that im gonna be selling it when i get it. #-o)

I ordered mine when price was £1999 and that's all im paying' date=' interest rates going up or not.[/quote']

yes, you're getting shafted on that one .. if you still have the receipt where it states the original price on which you payed the deposit, your dealer HAS to stick with the initial price !!! Don't let him tell you otherwise, the old saying applies here: a deal is a deal !

I paid £1950. The dealer is honouring the original price. Dont know how the dealers you spoke to know about any tuning problems. I ordered from what i think is the largest Gibson dealer in the UK and they've not said anything like that. I've not heard that any DF's have made it to the UK for anyone to try other than maybe press ones.

I would hold on, I'm sure it wont be long now and it sounds like its going to be a great guitar. Take heart from people like Elantric who is using his live 3 times a week.

I ordered mine after clicking the links from the Gibson web site so it is a recommended dealer. I put a £400 deposit on mine at the time the price was £1999.00 and that is the price they are going to honour.......

As I heard nothing from my dealer about delivery dates I thought I would phone a few other dealers and speak to them and it was one well known dealer that said about the original robot guitars being not up to the mark with the tuning not being true and you could find them on ebay quite easily.

@adam

I think as has been said a deal is a deal but if the government put the VAT rate back up then that may affect us.

Archived