Gibson Brands Forums

QUESTION FOR MEMBERS IN GLASGOW/SCOTLAND

Jimbo

All,

Which guitar tech(s) would you reccomend in Glasgow?

I'll be getting new graph tech saddles for my SG in the next fortnight from Reverb (formerly Sound Control) by Jamaica street. It wouldn't surprise me if I find out that what sounds like a straightforward process becomes anything but and they end up needing a bit of filing or a nightmare to swap ( I keep hearing about these "C Clips" on Nashville saddles being really fidddly or popping out).

Anyway the guy at Reverb offered to put them in as part of a general "set-up" at a slightly reduced extra charge of 40£. I'm thinking that this might be a good time to get a comprehensive "health check" (frets, nut etc) done and the best set up I can.

I know that the likes of Reverb, Guitar guitar, Strung Out guitars and other stores offer a tech/set up service, and of course there's the guy at CC music, and possibly others still that I have never heard of.

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction Ie- "Good"/"bad"/"excellent" "average" and any idea of comparative cost?-P.S If you don't want to risk getting sued can you Private Message me?

I would probably be prepared to pay more in return for absolute confidence in the workmanship.

hey man!!!!! i would steer clear from reverb, after you buy your stuff, because they over-charge and generally *.*.*.* about. buy it from there but take it to strung out, or even, moon guitars, hes an expert man. but hes over the bridge, i'll try and find directions. but strung out are fab!! good luck. i should add that most of the guys in sound control are great people.

hey man!!!!! i would steer clear from reverb' date=' after you buy your stuff, because they over-charge and generally f.u.c.k about. buy it from there but take it to strung out, or even, moon guitars, hes an expert man. but hes over the bridge, i'll try and find directions. but strung out are fab!! good luck.[/quote']

Thanks for the advice(note taken) and i'll look into Moon as well- thanks for the details.

+:-@:-s :-s
An' a tip o the pint to me cousins in Glasgow. (If ye ever mind out why me great-great-great grandpappy emigrated' date=' let me know, 'eh? Hope he didn't get too familiar w' the local sheep.)[/quote']

An' a tip o the pint to me cousins in Glasgow. (If ye ever mind out why me great-great-great grandpappy emigrated' date=' let me know, 'eh? Hope he didn't get too familiar w' the local sheep.)[/quote']

=d>THATS BRILL, but seriously, i have no idea what you just say'yed mon.

Archived