Gibson Brands Forums

00' Custom Shop SG w/aged hardware

bradsure

Maybe it's the fact that "VOS" is actually false-advertising in every sense...lol

I think it's just asinine to charge extra for funky hardware that looks like it was left out in the rain in a box full of salt for a month. Let 'em hang onto those pre-aged beasts for a while, they'll be eager to get rid of them for less once the hardware starts disintegrating from the acid or whatever the eff they use to make 'em look like that. ;)

H-Bomb

The way I see it' date=' it's like designer jeans. Jeans that are one flat color look kind of boring, whereas when jeans have the distressing, staining, some tears, etc... they look much cooler.[/quote']

Yeah, and it's really cool when it's YOUR rips, tears, blood, skidmarks, whatever in them, but I don't think you'd be wearing them if some other cat soiled 'em for you. :)

H-Bomb

Thanks for the responses. I'm not that crazy bout the aging either but a great deal popped up on Ebay and I jumped. I usually do research first but this one had a really low BIN. It plays great and stays in tune. I was just wondering about the price differences. Were the earlier 00's Custom Shop aged SGs different than the present day VOSs? The aging looks a lot rougher or is that accelerated aging from the past ten years? I also think these early RIs had 57s. Sorry for the blurry pics.

DSC01942.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

Archived