Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson GA-6 Logo Badge Replacement

aagrisso

Hello, I’m looking for someone who is a bit of an expert on older Gibson amps. I have a Gibson GA-6 (not sure of the exact year) that is missing the original badge on the front. I’m trying to find a replacement for it but can’t find any that seem to fit right or be the right size. There is 3 holes going diagonally from where the original badge was, the distance from the first hole to third is almost exactly 4 inches (the spacing between the holes is different too, suggesting the third hole isn’t just a redo). I purchased a 4 inch badge replacement (from eBay, total badge length is hair over 4 inches) but it isn’t long enough and also only had two pins instead of three. I’ve searched online but can’t seem to find any badges that used 3 pins. Does anyone have one of these amps and can tell me the specifics on their badge? Any information that can be provided would be immensely helpful as well. Thank You

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 9 months later...