Gibson Brands Forums

What DON'T You Like About Les Pauls in General??

DuaLeaD

Brundaddy, glad you noticed Shecters. For $600, the basses they make poo all over the competition until you start hitting stuff that costs more than $1000, and even then, those basses are not anywhere near worth the extra loot. In fact, my MIJ 4-string Marcus Miller which cost about $850 over 6 years ago is probably the only big name bass that is better IMO. Of course, MIJ Marcus Miller's cost a bit more now.

Rickenbacker 4003's are my true weakness. I own two currently, one black and one in the 2005 Montezuma Brown finish. Very classy 70's vibe with that beautiful finish. Now all I need is the updated 4003 in the MapleGlo finish.

What it comes down to is that I'm going to have to make my own Les Paul, since Gibson stopped taking custom orders, and for some reason I can't get over the binding or inlays. Time to practice spraying a perfect Jimmy Page inspired burst with a bit of cinnamon flavor on my old Mexican strat so I can prepare for finishing a custom guitar when I put one together....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A reason to not buy a U.S. made guitar? Glad to see you think so highly of the country in which you reside. Perhaps you'd like it better elsewhere. May I suggest China? After all' date=' that's where I voiced my displeasure with the origin of manufacture. If you think helping to support slave labor rather than Americans (which judging by your comment and apparently sour views of the United States you very well may) is cool, then we just disagree. There is nothing wrong with purchasing a foreign made guitar...I just draw the line at sweat shops. [/quote']

Calm down man, the important thing about getting a good guitar is getting a guitar you like, and if there was an awesome Chinese guitar I saw and I really liked it, I would buy it without a second thought. Personally if I see someone who is going on and on about how they'll only buy guitars made in America, I tend not to think very highly of that person. A guitar's a guitar, and it makes no difference where it comes from.

Archived