Gibson Brands Forums

RIP light and clicking question

Gibs0n Silverburst

From what I gathered within the manual when the LED is dim the RIP is active but the piezo pup is not, pulling the MCK out makes this active and the light glow bright blue but ceases the functions of the volume and tone knob controls. When the MCK is pushed back in the light goes back to dim blue, even when being continuously played in this state there is a clicking that occurs every two minutes or so that I noticed does not occur when the MCK is in the out position. Is there a method to cease the clicking when LED is dim and the MCK is pushed in?

From the bug list posted by Elantric in a sticky at the top of this forum:

"* ) RIP has static anomalies at one minute intervals of use, as it rechecks the Battery charge state - Renders recordings with dropped samples every few minutes of recording.

Status: Echo Audio is adding controls to the RIP Console that will allow you to set when the RIP goes into charge mode, as well as manually turning charge mode on and off."

I appreciate the heads up with that and will keep my eyes peeled on the bugs list, so this will have to be an issue that must be tolerated til there is another update for the firmware I suppose. Did Echo ever supply a time line for when they would have the controls ready to be loaded into the rip? I'm a patient man but a curious one as well.

Archived