Gibson Brands Forums

Hi From TN

newtredeuce

Hope everyone is ready for the holidays . I wanted to introduce myself and why I joined here. My family just inherited their old family pro studio/music shop and honestly we are just not very familiar with a lot of the vintage gear. We know about some of it but want to learn more to keep for ourselves for the sentimental value and get some of it into collectors and/or players hands. I occasionally will post some items and ask for some help with identifying them and would appreciate any help. Plus I would not mind building a guitar myself soon 🙂 I know it is going to take some years to learn but I'm excited to learn and see the history while going through the items. Thank you for any guidance you can provide on this journey. 

20221118_105238.thumb.jpg.087828bc482334c995502b05a6035dc8.jpg

Welcome aboard.  It definitely seems like you have an interesting quest ahead of you.  Should be fun.  There are a lot of members here who own other brands of guitars besides Gibsons, so they should be able either answer a lot of your questions or get you pointed in the right direction.  Good luck.

13 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

Welcome aboard.  It definitely seems like you have an interesting quest ahead of you.  Should be fun.  There are a lot of members here who own other brands of guitars besides Gibsons, so they should be able either answer a lot of your questions or get you pointed in the right direction.  Good luck.

Thank you very much. Definitely have alot more than just Gibson parts and of course vintage equipment and concert speakers and so on. 

10 hours ago, newtredeuce said:

Thank you very much. Definitely have alot more than just Gibson parts and of course vintage equipment and concert speakers and so on. 

You’re welcome.  There are some forums for Epiphone, Kramer and Steinberger products.  For other brands, you should have pretty good luck posting to the Gibson Lounge forum, with a caveat that your post relates to non-Gibson products.  The Gibson Lounge is where the largest number of members tend to hang out and post replies, especially for non-Gibson products.  Good luck.