Gibson Brands Forums

What year is this Kramer?

John Hodges

This was my uncles Kramer, and I’m trying to figure out what exactly it is. There’s no serial number on the headstock, just the number on the back plate. Was painted and sanded down a bunch of times. Any info would be great! 

AD6E18B4-5D36-4C9E-ADC7-DE4BDEE2F8F8.thumb.jpeg.5dbb598f0e4cd47c7217a6c8fa52f8a3.jpeg2DFB37D4-7941-4627-A459-93F597CB07C2.thumb.jpeg.51aa5fae6a9179d26aa3ed6a1b858647.jpeg

ignore the bc rich, unless your knowledgeable on em and know what year/model this warlock is ,because I still don’t know. All I know about it ,  he could’ve pained it black himself because the back has art on it, and it used to have 5-6ish extra switches/knobs below the 2 remaining ones. I can tell because with light at the right angle you can see where they were filled in.  also has no numbers anywhere but haven’t pulled the neck to look there yet.

C34F4671-DA3E-4685-A235-4CD0D5F27206.jpeg

That’s a tough one to pinpoint.  I’m definitely not an expert, but really can’t think of any Kramers with that particular pickup config,, maybe the 2nd pickup was cut in aftermarket at some point?   No clue on that, but the neck/neckplate/and serial number might point to it being off of an 85/86 Focus series?  The neckplate in the pic here looks pretty similar to yours.

You can find a lot more info at http://vintagekramer.com ,, but my best advice is to post this in the Kramer Guitar Identification sub-forum over at http://kramerforumz.com ,, you will find bigtime Kramer experts and enthusiasts over there who will be glad to help you figure it all out!  Good luck 👍 

283ABB90-F366-4799-94A4-FF290B42F4EA.jpeg