Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for Information on 2003-2005 Gloss Colored Platinum Series Guitars

corvettelynn

Hello

New to the forum, and looking for some information on the 2003-2005 (maybe 2006) "Platinum Series" Les Paul Studio and SG Models. Particularly the gloss "colored" models, that did not come with the "platinum case" and had the satin finish with matching headstocks. My understanding (which means nothing), is that the Gloss Models were- Les Paul was available in Sapphire, Ebony, and I think they called it Burnt Orange and, possibly Pewter Silver Gloss of which I just purchased one that is numbered on the back of the headstock. The SG was available in at least the Ebony (of which I have one), and the Burnt Orange. Trogly did a couple videos on the "satin" ones with the case and talks about these a bit. Mentions that the gloss versions may have come from Guitar Center. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the "numbered" Pewter ones in particular, and how many were made (mine in #34).

Apparently, Gibson made it's first "baritone" Les Paul models (2004?), that are just like these platinum models with a 27" scale length, and ALL the platinum hardware and plastics. Mine is not one of these but looks just like the "Pewter" colored one I have seen photos of.

ANY, help or information on how many they made of any of these models would be appreciated. I have heard there were either 200 or 300 of each one. I have only seen the ebony in person, and the silver numbered one, I cannot even find in a photo. I will try to post a photo here if it would help or anyone is interested.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Lynn