Gibson Brands Forums

Greetings from Arizona

My name is Leif,  most of my life I have had an on again, off again, relationship with playing guitar. 
Of all the guitars I am partial to the LesPaul. 
I like Gibson guitars so much I named my son Gibson 20 years ago!

Keep playing!

Welcome aboard Leif.  Great state Arizona.  My wife and I lived in Tucson from 1998-2009 before moving back to Texas.  Enjoy your stay.

On 7/31/2024 at 1:24 PM, WayCoolStudios said:

Hey tx-ogre,

Tucson is pretty in the monsoon season, they have awesome lightening shows! I have heard that Texas is beautiful as well! Also love ZZ Top, yet another great thing from Texas!

Monsoon season was always an adventure.  We moved there in April and bought an older home with only a “swamp cooler.”  Worked great while the humidity remained low.  Then came the monsoon.  Humidity went WAY up and the “swamp cooler” did nothing but circulate the hot, humid air throughout the house.  After about two weeks of suffering, we had a heat pump installed.  Life was good again.  Fortunately we lived in the Catalina Foothills in the northeast part of town (higher elevation),  so flash flooding wasn’t a problem like it was in the lower elevations further south.  The lightning storms were spectacular.