Gibson Brands Forums

Tuner defect after 2 weeks, Doh!

stoz

Well,

its happened. My Naturalburst Gibson SG robot lasted a fortnight, and now the A string tuner has packed in. I can hear the motor running, but the button doesn't turn. How crap.

I am so disappointed - anyone had experience of UK service & repairs on these things? I'm going to take it to Guitar Guitar in Newcastle, where I bought it. I just hope they don't send it to the states for repair & leave me axeless for yonks.

Humph.:-

I had the same problem, I am now on my 3rd robot and it is heading back in for another warranty repair! My problem was the high E tuning peg. It would twist itself out of auto tune on my first one, the replacement guitar was clearly used and Gibson said it was new and my third one, well, the high e tuning peg was DOA. I was promised the 3rd one was being personally inspected by the manager or Gibson USA QC.... The robots are junk and you have no idea how much it breaks my heart to say that about a Gibson.

Well,

mine is now on its way to Holland. Yes, Holland, to have the defective tuner replaced. (At least thats what the guy in the shop is expecting them to do with it).

I also told him about an issue where the tuners disengage themselves from the drive during string-down mode.

I have to say, this looks like an under-developed product to me.

Depressed.

Craig

Archived