Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement Saddle For Advanced Jumbo

Eddie Rondack

Anybody know where I can get one of these? I sanded a little too much off the one I have... I know there are folks who will make one for me if I send the original' date=' but I was wondering if anybody keeps them in stock...

Thanks.[/color']

Elderly

Mandolin Brothers

Folkway Music

All can make you a replacement without you sending yours in, I believe. Did you try Gibson customer service?

Elderly

Mandolin Brothers

Folkway Music

All can make you a replacement without you sending yours in' date=' I believe. Did you try Gibson customer service?

[/quote']

E-mailed Gibson customer service 2 days ago... no reply. I went ahead and sent it to Bob Colosi...

This is a tough saddle because you have to work it from the top down - it is profiled into the bridge contours. Eddie's experience of going a bit too far is not so unusual. Hopefully the new saddle will work out just fine. I would order two, just in case!

I always order a nut and a saddle spare for each guitar I purchase along with enough fret wire to redo the neck. While I have seldom ever used these parts, I find they are great things to have on re-sale - especially when the guitar is 20 years old and fret wires have changed etc. It might not be an idea for everyone, but it is something to consider. An extra set of tuners never hurts either - especially if they are branded. Try getting a 1974 Yamaki tuner with the big Y on it!

Archived