Gibson Brands Forums

Can't Get It Out Of My Head by ELO / Jeff Lynne

rogerer

Anyone know where I could purchase the sheet music for this ? I googled and went to local shops and can't seem to find it anywhere. Everyone online is pretty incorrect. I went by ear as much as I could and also watched what little hand positions I could see from ELO you tube videos but it's still off. At first listen you would think just a bunch of F's and G's and Am's but upon further inspection it must have a few 6's and 7's that I'm missing . I don't expect an answer for this one but I figured it's worth a last ditch effort shot ! Thanks for your time !

Well I don't know the song, but I did listen to it a couple of times on YouTube and played the tab I linked to along with this version, and it seemed pretty right to me. Maybe there're some subtleties I'm missing as I'm listening to this on my computer and kids are playing basketball just outside the window...

If you look at his hands on the chorus and the intro ( or what little you can see ) I swear that he is playing a F7 into a G6 or an A 9sus4. Thanks for your trying. Back to piano for this one . Once I have keys in front of me tomorrow I'll most likely get it

Archived