Gibson Brands Forums

What is the Toneport UX1 being replaced with?

cwness

I was looking into getting one after hearing the vid with girl RogerGlLewis had in his post.

I was at MF and it says. Were sorry this product has been discontinued. Any body know what the

replacement is or something better. Thanks.

CW

Hi Jocko

I was there and that's why I posted. The new toneport is $500 the old one was a $100.

was wondering in the new line what is the same. Right now I'm using Cakewalks Guitar Track 3

and I run from a Zoom 3030 into my computer. By the way I play my EP1 everyday.

I got the ac adapter for it and run from my guitar to a Rockman X100 into it on the clean

setting this way I can play and watch TV. Thanks

CW

The replacement is the POD Studio UX1.

Basically the same thing, still comes bundled with Ableton Live Lite, but the major difference is that instead of using Gearbox straight up. i.e. the you had to run Gearbox all the time to run the instrument input, you couldn't record the signal dry and then alter it afterwards.

Instead the new one has POD Farm Plug-In, so you can record it dry and then add the amp/cab/mic/room/effect(s) afterwards.

I hate the Gearbox, it sounds AWESOME but it's a pain having to get your sound exactly how you want it before you record, no tweaking afterwards unless you have another plug-in.

Soooooooo, basically the new POD Studio UX1 is a lot better.

Archived