Gibson Brands Forums

The flower of Orpheus

MR GIBS

In my country there are a lots of mountains.

One of them is The Rodopa Mountain (a very big one).

Up there somewhere exists many magical places.

One of them is a cave called "The Devil's throat". This is the natural way in (a river falls down in the cave and the water desappears deep in the ground...):

Devilsthroat.jpg

The legend says that Orpheus's lover Evrydica died after a snake-bite... And she fell down into the kingdom of the death Hades. Orpheus, who had magical powers entered in Hades by the gate - "The Devil's throat". There was one condition for him to save Evrydica and bring her back to tle world of the life - he could not look at her. He found her, they started their way back to the light - Orpheus marching ahead and Evrydica followed him. But when she called him he turned back, forgeting about the condition and Evrydica remained for ever in the kingdom of the death.

Orpheus cryed and from his tears was born that flower:

SILIVRYAK.jpg

There are much of this kind on the walls of "The Devil's troath"...

SILIVRYAK2.jpg

The latin name is Haberlea rhodopensis. The local people call it "Silivryak"

The interesting is that the first known greek name of this flower is "Kitara" - this is the word for the guitar - our instrument. Why? I don't know why ancient greeks called it "Kitara"... It impressed me much and I took one flower and now I planted it in a pot. So in my home now live one more person - One precious "Kitara" flower taken from the entrance of "The Devil's troath". An Original.

I am happy for I'we been there yesterday...

Of cource I was there with the well known M-R GIBS:

M-RGIBSinTrigrad.jpg

And we had a great fun, amusing ourselfs and the local people + the tourists :-s/

Archived