Gibson Brands Forums

Limited Warranty

ksiegel

Hi - I just bought the Epiphone ES-175 reissue - I've been wanting an archtop for years, (really only wanted acoustic, but can't find any that are affordable) and my local dealer had this one for $417 - just got it in (Along with $79 for a hardshell Epi case - Sweet!)

But., while reading the warranty, I see that the electronics are only covered by a one-year warranty. I called Customer Service, and confirmed this - if the pickups, or a pot go pflooey in 366 days, it is specifically NOT warrantied.

Anyone have a clue as to the track record of the Alnico Humbuckers, or the rest of the electronics?

Also, since I removed the plastic film from the pick guard, I seem to get a "buzz" when strumming. It doesn't seem loose, just coincidental. Any clues?

his is the first electric guitar I've owned in nearly 40 years.

Thanks!

Hi - I just bought the Epiphone ES-175 reissue - I've been wanting an archtop for years' date=' (really only wanted acoustic, but can't find any that are affordable) and my local dealer had this one for $417 - just got it in (Along with $79 for a hardshell Epi case - Sweet!)

But., while reading the warranty, I see that the electronics are only covered by a one-year warranty. I called Customer Service, and confirmed this - if the pickups, or a pot go pflooey in 366 days, it is specifically NOT warrantied.

Anyone have a clue as to the track record of the Alnico Humbuckers, or the rest of the electronics?

Also, since I removed the plastic film from the pick guard, I seem to get a "buzz" when strumming. It doesn't seem loose, just coincidental. Any clues?

his is the first electric guitar I've owned in nearly 40 years.

Thanks!

[/quote']

I assume you haven't been able to track the buzz to any particular part vibrating. If so, does it seem to come from the body? A loose truss rod with no tension on it, whose nut is sitting between being turned in one direction or another, can sometimes cause a buzz when playing, as the sound waves travel throughout the neck and body. Have you checked to see if the truss rod nut is tight in one direction or another so that there some tension?

Nope - I literally got the guitar yesterday (10/1/09), and there was no buzz before I removed the film from the pick guard.

I did notice that the "e" logo on the pick guard seems to move a little... wonder if that could have something to do with it?

Archived