Gibson Brands Forums

The Dentist

daveinspain

DeVeeWee...

I've always enjoyed the "rusty nail." In a sense, it's kind of like mixing Benedictine and Brandy - which became so popular that around here, one finds it difficult to find the brand's original and it's less sweet "B&B" is usually the most one might find in a bar or in a liquor store.

As I said, I'm not any sort of expert on liquor. Can't afford it. <grin>

But... For you reeeeally young guys, take note from some of the older guys who seem to make up a majority on this forum.

Good liquor is kind of like chocolate.

One ounce or so of good stuff tastes really good. The second one is okay, but... After that, instead of Lady Godiva or other high quality chocolates, one may as well be eating Hershey bars and after the third Hershey or drink, one is likely to be made ill by what should be tasting good and therefore making one happy. <grin>

Notice us older guys - I'm a 35-year-old brain in a 60+ body that could drop into a full splits before I shattered a leg 2 years ago - are mentioning specific brands that we like the taste of rather than just booze to get silly on. In the 1970s I played with some older guys who managed to play well when they had problems standing, but - if you could have heard them in practice without so much booze, you'd almost wanna cry at the significantly lesser skills seen by audiences.

(Parenthetically, as a teen I kept myself in pocket money playing poker with kids who drank a lot - this is, of course, before drugs were a big thing, but I think the proposition likely would extend there. Anyway, one didn't have to cheat to win if one only appeared to join into the drinking while the other players did.)

As for Absinthe... no thanks. <grin> I know it's increasingly legal and we even have it in the city owned liquor store here in the middle of nowhere; yet I'd not care to drink distillates of wormwood.

DeVeeWee...

I've always enjoyed the "rusty nail." In a sense' date=' it's kind of like mixing Benedictine and Brandy - which became so popular that around here, one finds it difficult to find the brand's original and it's less sweet "B&B" is usually the most one might find in a bar or in a liquor store.

As I said, I'm not any sort of expert on liquor. Can't afford it. <grin>

But... For you reeeeally young guys, take note from some of the older guys who seem to make up a majority on this forum.

Good liquor is kind of like chocolate.

One ounce or so of good stuff tastes really good. The second one is okay, but... After that, instead of Lady Godiva or other high quality chocolates, one may as well be eating Hershey bars and after the third Hershey or drink, one is likely to be made ill by what should be tasting good and therefore making one happy. <grin>

Notice us older guys - I'm a 35-year-old brain in a 60+ body that could drop into a full splits before I shattered a leg 2 years ago - are mentioning specific brands that we like the taste of rather than just booze to get silly on. In the 1970s I played with some older guys who managed to play well when they had problems standing, but - if you could have heard them in practice without so much booze, you'd almost wanna cry at the significantly lesser skills seen by audiences.

(Parenthetically, as a teen I kept myself in pocket money playing poker with kids who drank a lot - this is, of course, before drugs were a big thing, but I think the proposition likely would extend there. Anyway, one didn't have to cheat to win if one only appeared to join into the drinking while the other players did.)

As for Absinthe... no thanks. <grin> I know it's increasingly legal and we even have it in the city owned liquor store here in the middle of nowhere; yet I'd not care to drink distillates of wormwood.

[/quote']

milod, I thank you for the compliments about my age, but once again honesty obliges me to admit I'm a little boy of 45...LOL(46 in January 2010) And yes, I agree, good liquor is kind of like chocolate!

De... <grin>

Well, at least you're sorta an adult. Heck, I keep saying that I might grow up some day myself. It may not be likely, but what the heck. <grin>

But we're in a really broad group of ages here with some mid-teens and then some guys around my age who still like to "rock" and have a special sort of "fun" that it seems one might only obtain with music.

So... <chuckle> no problem on the age thing.

On the other hand, I'd not wish to be 15 again. No way. Not even knowing what I know now. Nope. Nope. I'd prefer being planted. Maybe 35 or 40 but... I dunno. I was likely at my physical peak between 35 and 45-47, but in retrospect I still did a buncha stupid things.

Too soon oldt. Too late schmardt.

Hmmm. One good thing about dentures that I'm learning with my "temporaries." I've had bad teeth since I was a teen. Now there's no more concern about root canals, caps and such.

m

De... <grin>

Well' date=' at least you're sorta an adult. Heck, I keep saying that I might grow up some day myself. It may not be likely, but what the heck. <grin>

But we're in a really broad group of ages here with some mid-teens and then some guys around my age who still like to "rock" and have a special sort of "fun" that it seems one might only obtain with music.

So... <chuckle> no problem on the age thing.

On the other hand, I'd not wish to be 15 again. No way. Not even knowing what I know now. Nope. Nope. I'd prefer being planted. Maybe 35 or 40 but... I dunno. I was likely at my physical peak between 35 and 45-47, but in retrospect I still did a buncha stupid things.

Too soon oldt. Too late schmardt.

Hmmm. One good thing about dentures that I'm learning with my "temporaries." I've had bad teeth since I was a teen. Now there's no more concern about root canals, caps and such.

m

[/quote']

Too soon oldt. Too late schmardt. that goes for me too! This is beginning to become weird man!

Archived