Gibson Brands Forums

What Gibson is this?

netobi

#-o Hello! I am so glad to find this forum. I have been hanging around a few weeks and have really enjoyed the banter and knowledge that you guys have.. I am hoping you can help me with my old Gibson guitar. I recently retired and retrieved it from the hall closet to pass a little time. I have been told that it is a B 25 or possibly an LG 12. The serial number is 894197. I am not interested in selling the old gal, I would just like to know what I have and what it is worth. I have showed it to a couple of people and no one seems to know but they sure want me to part with it. ha I have had her to long to let her go in my lifetime! Any help would be appreciated and I am looking forward to hanging aroung here quite a awhile. Thanks so much! billDSCN2125.jpgttDSCN2126.jpgp://i1016.photobucket.com/albuhttpDSCN2126.jpg://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af290/bnemir/DSCN2126.jpg[/img]ms/af290/bnemir/DSCN2124.jpg[/img]DSCN2125.jpgimg][img]

netobi..

That looks very much like my old friend which has been identified?? by a Gibson rep as an "appears to be an LG-12"... Mine has a serial#893397..

Here's the rep's reply to my inquiry.. (He left out 1 piece of the identifiers. mine has kluson delux tuners).

"This appears to be a 1967 LG-12.

---LG-12

12 string, 14 1/8” wide, mahogany back and sides, large belly bridge with bridge pins, adjustable saddle, long pickguard with point at upper bout (some with teardrop pickguard), single black soundhole ring, single bound top, unbound back, 3- piece neck, 18 frets, 12 frets clear of body, 24.75” scale, rosewood fingerboard, dot inlay, no peghead veneer, natural top finish, light mahogany finish on back and sides. Introduced 1967.

Regards,

Roger Ball

Gibson customer service"

A subsequent email from Roger Ball said that the "ledger" had the serial# and that it was made in Kalamazoo sometime in 1967... The "dater" shows it as made "around" 1968.

BTW, KSDaddy was kind enough to give me quite a bit of help and info when I was on the same quest you're on...

gibson-1-1.jpg?t=1256917617

Archived