Gibson Brands Forums

What's the name of this guitar part..? Please help!!!

peteros

You have to be careful with the word "saddle " in this room.....a lot of forumites use saddles as' date=' say........um....... paraphernalia, so to speak, so better use the words "guitar saddle" as to not confuse folks....[/quote']

I'd really advocate the use of a standing martingale, perhaps with a Pelham or even a Herm Sprenger.

Saddles alone??

Neigh!

I'm overwhelmed!

This was my first ever posting' date=' and I hardly expected a response back at all - on such a topic. I didn't realise saddles could generate so much interest. But let me tell you - I am REALLY grateful to all of you that have replied so knowledgeably and helpfully (even the sarcastically jokey ones).

I now know what these gizmos are called, and that I shouldnt have filed it down as much as I did. I know who to contact. I'm a happy bunny.

One last thing, when I filed the saddle down, I now realise I didn't do evenly, which meant my 'under-saddle pickup' stopped picking up the sound from the strings evenly, which meant the amplified sound is unsatisfactory. Lesson to be learned - it may look simple - but gibsons are carefully crafted and not to be messed around with.

Cheers - Peteros

Many lessons learned![/quote']

You wanna start a thread that just won't die? Ask what them leetle cream colored thingies are stuck in the bridge below the saddle. [blush]

Archived